What is Discord and How to use Discord on PC
Discord is specially optimized for gamers. Discord is much more than normal chat platforms such as Facebook Messenger and Microsoft Skype. The Discord software is designed to replace other VoIP services that players usually use to communicate with each other during their playing games especially when they play online games. Are you want to know Whatis special in Discord for the gamers and How to use Discord on PC? Come on, check out this post, and let’s know more about Discord.
What is Discord?
If you are a pro gamer or you play a lot of games then you need to introduce your self with the Discord. Especially, Discord is a popular chat app where gamers can communicate online directly via text, voice, or video. Also, it allows the user to get in touch however they are. Similarly, this app is similar to skype or slack.
How to use Discord on PC
This is very simple to use Discord on PC. You have two options you can directly open the discord website to connect discord to the PC or you can download the discord app. In the discord app, you will see some more function and this is easy to use.
We will briefly explain the steps below to use discord on PC. So follow the steps below and use discord on PC very easily.
Signup for Discord
- Go to the official website www.discordapp.com.
- If you want to use the mobile app then download the mobile app otherwise click on open discord in your web browser.
- click on login that appears in the top right side corner of the screen.
- Now click on the Register that just next to the needs an account.
- After that enter your Detail. You have to enter a valid email address, A unique user name, a strong password, your date of birth.
- Now click on continue. After that check, the box next to I is not a robot.
- Moreover, This will send a verification message to the email address you have entered.
- Now you have two options Skip or Get started this is your choice where to click.
Join a server
After setup, the next step is to join a server. You can do this by creating a new discord server or by joining a pre-existing server by using an invitation code. To find a server is not too difficult, there are many verified servers that are public and available through discord’s search function and anybody can join this.
How to Download Discord?
Discord is a very popular messaging platform for the gamers, and if you also want to download it on your computer then simply follow thee steps given below…
- First of all, open a web browser on your computer, any web browser you usually use. Open that web browser and search for the Discord’s official website www.discordapp.com.
- Once you are on the Discord’s official website, search for the “Download” option on the top left corner of the screen and click on it.
- After that just select the operating system of your computer system such as Windows, Linux, Mac, etc. if you use Windows operating system then just select the Windows operating system and the Click on the “Download Button”.
- Now downloading for the Discord application will start. When the downloading complete then you will see the file “DiscordSetup.exe” on the Downloads bar. Now you have to just click on that file to open that file.
- After that, a pop-up box will appear on your screen just click on “Run”.
- And now just follow the other prompts for the installing like for any other application you install on your computer and that’s it. You have downloaded the Discord software on your computer successfully. Enjoy!
Discord is not useful for just Gamers:-
Discord is not just for gamers it is also useful for the non-gaming users. The non-gaming uses of Discord are harder to learn. It is useful on the website advertises communities for book clubs, dance classes, and it is helpful for the users in digital conventions. Discord can allow their users to use discord from online classes to watch Netflix together as well as gaming.